Sunday 16 October 2011

Bit of Research...

Ok, so after writing around 3000 words last night (then deleting 500 of them) I took a day off from booky.. actually thats a lie because here i am now with a chapter open puzzling over it while I type...
I went to the Medieval festival (which was absolutely the best way to spend a sunday afternoon, having spent the previous three days elbow deep in Gelato) and competed in the archery contest.... The organisers were two wrist gaurds short, I decided to be man and go without. I didn't pay heed to the fact that while I can get away without one using my piddly-kiddy-bow, Going without it with this particular bow turned out to be a bad plan... It had a nice little copper nook that bit me every time I released the string, needless to say after an hour of archery..I ended up with a nice welt.. but i can't complain.. it was a lot of fun! the faire had a great atmosphere, lots of fun stuff.. even a medieval coffee cart... and medieval indian food. hehe.





I am now the proud owner of some rather splendid swatches of fabric... unintended but quite ideal...




Whilst being caught eating peanut butter with a spoon from the jar yesterday (dad not me) my dad informed that he is also writing a book. It beguins with "John's last words were 'Ow F*%K ow' then he died"... Dad then proceeded to inform me that this is a cookery book... called 'BBQ etiquette for blokes'

only in the two little cornflakes on the bottom of the universe bowl (New Zealand, The mothership)

No comments:

Post a Comment